Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fresh Ink

Yup, I got the tattoo.

Let's start back at the beginning.....

A couple of years ago, I got my first tattoo.  I was inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert's book, "Eat, Pray, Love" to find a word that I believed represented my current state of mind and goals, and that also represented all that I aspire towards physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I often return to Gilbert's book and with each visit I find a  new piece of wisdom that seems to relate to whatever chaos I've got brewing.  This one word serves as a reminder that I need to bring the chaos back to one simple point, realign myself with the goals I have set, and, damn it, get it in gear.

With all of that preamble, in March 2009 I booked an appointment and etched my word onto the inside of my right ankle.  To be honest, I wasn't thrilled with the outcome.  The tat did its job, but I wasn't thrilled with the quality of art that resulted.

And so, the first order of business was to touch up my existing tattoo:


Wowie wow wow, the result is awesome.  I gave the artist free reign to do what he felt was best: he strengthened the lines, made it much more about calligraphy, and added the drop shadow.

I love it.

So what about the M-dot, you ask???

Yes, I wanted the M-dot, yes I wanted the Canadian leaf, but I also wanted something that would be in the same family as my first tattoo.  I browsed the web, saw some cool stuff, saw a lot of the same stuff, and ultimately combined a few of those ideas with some of my own.

Ta-dah!



It will take a few more days to heal, it will blend a bit more together between the colours, and I am THRILLED with the result.

Thanks to Tim at PI (Personalized Image) studio in Banff - you guys rock.

What do you think?  Too small??? Too colourful????


No comments:

Post a Comment